There’s nothing I love more than oat and raisin cookies. I can’t quite fathom how anyone could claim to not like these gifts from God. When I eat these I have in my head that they are healthy. Alas, I am wrong. These sweet sweet goodies are jam packed with bad things. But I manage to push that thought to the back of my mind and carry on devouring them like there’s no tomorrow.
This recipe makes about 20-24 cookies.
For these beauties, you’ll need:
- 230g unsalted butter
- 200g light brown sugar
- 60g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 190g self- raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1&1/2 ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250g rolled oats
- 150g raisins
- First things first (I’m a realist) cream together the butter and both sugars until there are no lumpies. And also preheat the oven to about 150* fan oven.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon (smells like Xmas time), baking soda and salt.
3. Back to the first bowl (lol soz) beat in the eggs, syrup and vanilla extract.
4. Next little chickens, measure out the rolled oats and raisins.
5. Now, mix the whole lot together in a large bowl.
6. Word of warning, let the mixture set in the fridge for approx 25 mins because it’s hella sticky and it kinda helps m’dears. Blob the mixture, of about a big tbsp, onto greased baking trays spread apart.
7. I put them in the oven for 12 mins initially, then swapped the trays over so they’d bake evenly, then I put them in again for about another 8 mins. So bake them for roughly 20 mins in total.
8. Take out the bad boys and let them cool for a lil bit, then enjoy!!!
Ps, they are delicious when they’re still warm with a glass of milk.